Two goals here.
1 – Build support brackets for the water tanks.
2 – Do it cheap, re-using stuff I already had.
I cut apart the old tank supports that came out of the old truck when I pulled the tank.
Then combined them with some old angle iron that I had kicking around.
On the smaller tank I used lighter angle iron that was actually an old bed frame.
This is bottom framework welded together.
I wanted support on all 4 sides, but I needed spaces for the drain.
Still not sure if I am putting on the side of the box or the bottom.
I added a layer of stainless steel to protect the bottom of the tank.
Then I bent up a sheet of aluminum to go around the tank to protect the sides.
I made the steel about 6 inches longer than the tank to allow for the threaded rod.
I was still concerned about the top edges getting damaged or squished.
So I welded up another section for the top.
I think that should hold everything in place and protect the tank.
I won’t do the drains until I put in the floor and test fit everything again so I know exactly where I want them.