Unless you are a licensed gas fitter, or electrician or something along those lines, you are going to need these guys at some point.

If you don’t know them, you are going to have to find them.

You don’t have to do it right away BEFORE you start, just know that you WILL have to hire these guys at some point.

And before you need these guys, you are going to need to hire an engineer.

At least in our city, this is now a RULE.
As far as I can tell, this was not a rule in 2014, but now it is.

NONE of the people I have talked to INCLUDING the engineer himself had ever heard of this before.

Hell the city people I spoke with did not even know WHAT KIND of engineer I needed.

So …what? ….Civil Engineer? Power Engineer? Building Engineer?  What?
They could only refer me to the bottom of the form that the engineer needs to sign off on.
Which said that they need to be a professional engineer and a member of the APEGM.
Which covers ALL of those engineers and more.   Great.

Well it turns out after a few phone calls, that I need a MECHANICAL Engineer.
You want to make sure that they do work on commercial kitchens.
And that they can provide you with the technical drawings the city wants.